I’m sure most of you have heard the story about Bailey O’Neill, the 6th grader who was put into a coma after being attacked by two students outside of his school. Bailey has been in a coma since January fighting for his life after suffering from reoccurring seizures. Over the weekend it was determined by doctors that nothing more could be done to save Bailey and his parents made the difficult decision to take him off of life support. This is incredibly heartbreaking and disgusting. I feel terrible for his parents who have to deal with such a tremendous loss. I’m absolutely disgusted that this happened. All for what, because you didn’t like or getting along with someone. I think we accept it more when it’s adults, but children hurting other children in such a viscous manner is always hard to swallow. There will be no happy ending to this story, two parents have already lost their child and another could lose theirs because of a senseless act. I only hope that this brings more attention to bullying in schools and people start to enforce a change. A 12-year-old boy has died after being placed in a medically induced coma following a fight at his suburban Philadelphia school. Bailey O’Neill died Sunday, a family member who did not want to be named, confirmed to ABCNews.com. Bailey turned 12 on Saturday. He was taken off life support Sunday morning. In January, Bailey was involved in a fight at Darby Township School in Upper Darby, Pa., west of Philadelphia, Jan. 10. The boy was allegedly jumped by two classmates, one of whom hit him in the face several times fracturing his nose, his father Rob O’Neill told ABC affiliate WPVI. Bailey was knocked down in the incident, his father told the station, which caused a concussion. From then on, something with the 6th grader wasn’t right, his father said. “He was sleeping. He was moody. He wasn’t himself. He was angry a little bit. He wasn’t really eating,” Rob O’Neill told WPVI last month. The boy was living primarily in the custody of his mother Jina, and his father had visitation rights, a family friend told ABCNews.com. After being treated for his injuries from the altercation, Bailey soon took a turn for the worse and began having seizures. A friend of his parents said that Bailey was having refractory status epilepsies, a condition in which the brain is in a state of persistent seizure. Bailey had to have a blood transfusion after getting pneumonia, the family friend confirmed, and doctors at A.I. duPont Hospital for Children put Bailey in a medically induced coma. The Delaware County District Attorney’s Office says it has opened an active criminal investigation, according to WPVI. Southeast Delco School District officials have said the district is cooperating with the investigation. The school’s principal didn’t return a call to ABC News. On Sunday, the following statement was posted on the Facebook page Building Hope for Bailey: “I would like to thank everyone who has prayed and supported Bailey and his family!! Bailey has been the strongest toughest boy I know. He has fought this battle long and hard. There just wasn’t a way to fix this. I wish I could say he will get better but I can’t. Bailey has gone to be with God today šŸ™ I love you Jina Risoldi with all my heart and I will help you through this. Bailey I love you!!! Please keep Baileys family in your prayers!!!”